Although the Library is closed, staff are available to help you make the most of your fellowship.
All incoming fellows will need to create a personal My Library Account to gain access to virtual library services and resources. Follow these step-by-step instructions to create your account.
We want to help you get the most out of your virtual fellowship:
- Contact the library to set up a virtual research consultation with a curator.
- Place an imaging services request to obtain scans of materials.
- During the library closure, fellows are welcome to request off-campus checkouts from the general collections through their My Library account for curbside pickup.
- Are you having trouble finding the resources you need? Would you like to learn more about electronic resources and library services? A 30-minute online help session by video conference or phone can be scheduled via the Reader Services Calendar.
- Forgot your password? Having trouble ordering scans? Get answers quickly via live chat with a Librarian (available during business hours).
- Find out about upcoming virtual Library training and events via the Reader Services Calendar.
Get detailed information on virtual reference services, interlibrary loan, and imaging services.
Explore subject guides related to The Huntington's vast library collections. Access online search tools such as the library catalog, Huntington Digital Library, and databases.
Information on the library's Aeon and My Library accounts.
Access general information about fellowships, including fellowship FAQs.